Roscoe’s House of Chicken ‘n Waffles is an L.A. institution, where people from every corner of SoCal munch on fried chicken and the awesome waffles. Whether you prefer the breast, or the wings, or order your chicken smothered in gravy, it really is our favorite fried chicken place recommendation. For the adventuresome, try the fried chicken livers or giblets with grits, eggs and a fluffy hot biscuit. I recommend the Half a chicken with two waffles, $15.30.
· 1514 N. Gower St., Los Angeles, (323) 466-7453;
· 5006 West Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, (323) 934-4405;
· 106 Manchester Blvd., Los Angeles, (323) 752-6211;
· 730 E. Broadway, Long Beach, (562) 437-8355;
· 830 N. Lake Ave., Pasadena, (626) 791-4890.