Verizon said on their website that the data will help them make "mobile ads you see more relevant." Verizon will share the Web browsing data to produce "certain business and marketing reports" and share information with "other companies to create business and marketing reports."
Verizon said all the data shared with outside companies will be anonymized and "will not share outside of Verizon any information that identifies you personally."
The specific types of information Verizon will track and share with outside companies includes:
· Mobile Usage Information
· Addresses of websites you visit when using our wireless service. URLs may include search terms you have used
· Location of your device "Location Information"
· App and device feature usage
· Consumer Information
· Information about your use of Verizon products and services, such as data and calling features, device type, and amount of use
· Demographic and interest categories provided to us by other companies, such as gender, age range, and other "Demographics"
To opt out of Verizon’s new information sharing practices, subscribers can fill out a form available at www.vzw.com/myprivacy or call 1-866-211-0874.