Facebook reported it has over 800 million active users:
· 25 percent are U.S. residents.
· 65 percent make over $50,000 a year.
· 60 percent are female; 40 percent are male.
· 26 percent are college graduates.
· 25 percent are between the ages of 25 and 34.
According to the Pew Research Center, 13 percent of American adults active online have Twitter accounts:
· 19 percent of 25- to 34-year olds have Twitter accounts.
· 4 percent of online Americans between the ages of 35 and 44 have Twitter accounts.
· 95 percent of Twitter users own mobile phones; half of those use handheld mobile devices to access Twitter.
· 25 percent of African Americans have Twitter accounts.
YouTube reported that two days’ worth of video is uploaded every minute and that it is charting 3 billion video views per day.
More than 75 million professionals reportedly keep in touch via LinkedIn.