The three aspects of web metrics – usage, evaluation, and performance.
- Usage metrics measure various aspects of the frequency and types of uses by each client web site.
- Evaluation metrics focus on the customer utility, usability, and satisfaction.
- Performance metrics measure the speed and efficiency of providing the information, whether displaying a page, downloading a file, or performing a transaction.
In each case, the information collected should documents both the current performance in these areas and future standards.
- Site Usage
- Landing pages
- Average time on site
- % new visitors
- Bounce rates
- By Location
i. Country (e.g., USA, Canada, etc.)
ii. State (Texas, California, Georgia, etc.)
iii. City (Austin, Los Angeles, Atlanta, etc.)
- At-home, at-work, at school, public – e.g., library
- By Task
- Create account
i. Pick user name, check if available, password
i. Email, text, voice broadcasts
- Account activity
i. Address updates
ii. PIN updates
- Customer surveys
- CSR logs
- Exception logs
- Connection speed by type
- DSL, T1, Cable, Dial-up, OC3, ISDN
- Break/Fix monitoring
- App functionality