Motorola was the first company to bring consumers the cellular phone, the flip phone and a really, really thin feature phone.
Now they are pushing the boundaries of the value equation even further with Moto E, a new class of smartphone that’s fully loaded and fairly priced — a perfect combination for savvy shoppers and first-time smartphone buyers. Because smartphones haven’t always come at smart prices and we believe that people shouldn’t have to compromise on quality, style or experience. And the best part — it’s priced starting at just $129 on Motorola.com with no contract.
The fact is, about 70% of mobile phone users in the world are still using feature phones that can’t unlock the full wonder of the mobile Internet, in many cases because they don’t think it’s worth the $337 for a smartphone (the average selling price globally in 2013).
Moto E: Low price/feature rich:
Here are some of the key features of the new smart phone from Motorola:
- Moto E has a high-resolution 4.3” display with 256ppi, the sharpest in its class. Everything from photos to videos to web pages comes to life in brilliant detail. Plus, Corning® Gorilla® Glass and a water-resistant splash guard help protect it for lasting durability.
- With a long-lasting 1980 mAh battery you can go all day without plugging in.1 So you can think about everything you want to do, not how much time you have to do it.
- Moto E runs Android™ 4.4.2, KitKat®, the latest version of the world’s most popular mobile platform. And with a guaranteed upgrade,2 you’ll know you’re always up to date with the best Android experience.
- Moto E features colorful interchangeable backs — called Motorola Shells — providing more than 20 color and design combinations to let you personalize the look of your phone.3
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 200 processor with up to 1.4GHz dual-core CPUs for high performance power, superior mobile graphics and exceptional battery life.
- 5MP rear-facing camera with Motorola’s streamlined camera interface; touch anywhere on the screen to take a shot, capture panoramic pictures or record video.
- microSD slot for up to 32GB of expandable memory to save photos, videos, music, movies and apps.
- Built-in FM radio — just tune in to listen to your favorite stations or pick up a new signal.
Moto E will be available in more than 40 countries through more than 80 carrier partners around the world over the next few weeks.
Motorola is also offering an upgraded version of our popular Moto G, featuring 4G LTE. Same great features now on the fastest networks where available, for just $219. The original Moto G continues to be available for $179 on Motorola.com without a contract and through local carriers in more than 40 countries worldwide.
Source: Motorola media release