Our fifteen birthday was this month – We incorporated as a Delaware Limited Liability Company on April 07, 2000.
Here are a few interesting stats we found from the week (and year) we were born:
- Apple stock closed at $4.44/share (adjusted for dividends and splits)
- Nokia introduced of their model 3310 mobile phones in 2000, eventually selling 126 million units
- Median new home price was $169,000 in the U.S.
- Gasoline averaged $1.47/gallon for regular grade
- A year earlier in April 1999, AT&T introduced “anywhere anytime” pricing and eliminated “roaming” fees on most cell plans by April 2000, dropping per minute rates to as low as 10 cents. Before this move wireless minutes averaged 50 cents per minute in 1998 (down from $1/minute on my first wireless plan).
Smart phones were still nearly a decade away; Facebook wouldn’t be born for another four years; Twitter founder Jack Dorsey was 24 years old.